If you are using the internet then your home most likely has a router. 192.168.188.1 is a local or IP gateway that is directly linked to the WiFi network. With 192.168.188.1 Login you can access the admin page of a router to perform the modifications. Even if your router was set up by professionals, you might still need to use 192.168.188.1 when something went wrong with your router. Logging to the admin page is not that much harder than you might think, you just need to enter the IP address 192.168.188.1 in the address bar of the web browser.
Login 192.168.188.1 IP address
If you want to know how to access the 192.168.188.1 IP address then follow the below steps:
- First of all, launch an internet browser of your choice and then 192.168.188.1 IP address in the address bar and press enter key.
- After this, type the user ID and password in the required field and tap on the login button. Generally, the default user ID and password of the router is admin.
Configure your router with 192.168.188.1
If you want to change the login details then you need to follow the below steps:
- Firstly, access your router admin page and then go to the home tab. Now, scroll through the options and search for the general settings menu.
- From there, select the router password option and then enter your desired password.
- If you want to change the username then click on the username option and then enter your desired username.
- After this, click on the save option to save the settings.
Change the local IP address
If you want to change your IP address away from 192.168.188.1 then follow the below steps:
- First of all, access the router admin page of your router with 192.168.188.1.
- Then, search for the general settings menu.
- From there, select the network settings option.
- Then, scroll down through the menu and search for router settings. There you need to type your IP address.
- Finally, click on the save button to apply the changes.
Change the name and password of the WiFi network
There are other settings related to your router that you can modify. If you wish to modify the name and password of your WiFi network then the steps are given below:
- Firstly, access the router admin page and then go to the general settings menu.
- Thereafter, scroll down and search for the wireless settings option.
- Now, enter the desired WiFi network name in the SSID field and a new password in the password field.
- Then, click on the save button.
What if you can’t access the 192.168.188.1 IP address
You are entering 192.168.188.1 Ip address but the web browser displays that the webpage can’t be opened. In this case, follow the below steps:
- Firstly, make sure that your router and computer are connected properly and the LAN port of the router is on.
- Verify that the proxy mode of the browser is on or off. If you have set your browser on a proxy server function then you will fail to log in to the management interface.
You can configure your router, change the IP address, and password with 192.168.188.1 Login. You can find the IP address of the router online or else you can use the user manual. If you want to reset your IP address back to default, then you need to perform a factory reset of the router.